By Jacqueline Stodnick,Renée Trilling
- Explores the interaction among serious conception and Anglo-Saxon studies
- Theoretical framework will attract expert students in addition to these new to the field
- Includes an afterword at the worth of the discussion among Anglo-Saxon reviews and demanding theory
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
What pleasures did Plautus' heroic tricksters offer their unique viewers? How should still we comprehend the compelling mixture of uprising and social conservatism that Plautus deals? via a detailed interpreting of 4 performs representing the entire variety of his paintings (Menaechmi, Casina, Persa, and Captivi), Kathleen McCarthy develops an leading edge version of Plautine comedy and its social results.
This booklet is a part of a 3-volume anthology of women's writing in Latin from antiquity to the early glossy period. every one quantity presents texts, contexts, and translations of a large choice of works produced by means of ladies, together with dramatic, poetic, and devotional writing. quantity One covers the age of Roman Antiquity and early Christianity.
The Russian reception of the best Roman poet, Vergil, supplied Russian thinkers with a manner within which to outline Russian-European beneficial properties. This quantity seems to be to discover the character of Russian reception of Vergil, and argues that the way to examine his presence in Russian letters is to view it within the context of the formation and improvement of Russian nationwide and literary identification.
The 1st entire research at the position of Italian type and Italian literature, this e-book analyzes garments and style as defined and represented in literary texts and gown books within the Italy of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. Writing model in Early sleek Italy emphasizes the centrality of Italian literature and tradition for knowing glossy theories of style and gauging its effect within the shaping of codes of civility and style in Europe and the West.
- ,Vexatio dat intellectum': Zur Funktion paradoxer Textstrukturen in Heinrich Wittenwilers ‚Ring‘ (Scrinium Friburgense) (German Edition)
- An Introduction to Classical Korean Literature: From Hyangga to P'ansori: From Hyangga to P'ansori (New Studies in Asian Culture)
- Dialect, Diction, and Style in Greek Literary and Inscribed Epigram (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
- The Persian Book of Kings: An Epitome of the Shahnama of Firdawsi
Extra info for A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) by Jacqueline Stodnick,Renée Trilling