By Thomas Habinek
- Explores the position of the orator, specially the 2 maximum figures of the culture, Demosthenes and Cicero
- Investigates where of rhetoric on the heart of historic education
- Considers the position of rhetoric because the finish of antiquity.
- Includes a word list of right names and technical phrases; a chronological desk of political occasions, authors, orators, and rhetorical works; and proposals for additional reading.
Read Online or Download Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World) PDF
Best rhetoric books
Present traits in Narratology deals an summary of state of the art ways to theories of storytelling. It describes the circulate to cognition, the hot emphasis on non-prose and multimedia narratives, and introduces a 3rd box of study ? comparative narratology. This examine addresses how neighborhood associations and nationwide methods have affected the advance of narratology.
Representing the simplest of overseas lifestyles writing scholarship, this assortment finds remarkable tales of exceptional lives. those wide-ranging bills span the Americas, Britain, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Pacific over a interval of greater than centuries. exhibiting attention-grabbing connections among humans, areas and historic eras, they spread opposed to the backdrop of occasions and social routine of worldwide value that experience inspired the realm within which we are living this day.
Shared Land/Conflicting id: Trajectories of Israeli and Palestinian image Use argues that rhetoric, ideology, and fantasy have performed key roles in influencing the advance of the 100-year clash among first the Zionist settlers and the present Israeli humans and the Palestinian citizens in what's now Israel.
Making Camp examines the rhetoric and conventions of “camp” in modern pop culture and the methods it either subverts and is co-opted by way of mainstream ideology and discourse, particularly because it relates to problems with gender and sexuality. Camp has lengthy been aligned with homosexual male tradition and function.
- Coalescent Argumentation
- Writing Matters: Rhetoric in Public and Private Lives (Georgia Southern University Jack N. and Addie D. Averitt Lecture) (Georgia Southern University Jack N. and Addie D. Averitt Lecture Series)
- Narratology beyond Literary Criticism: Mediality, Disciplinarity: Mediality and Disciplinarity (Narratologia)
- Cross-Language Relations in Composition
Extra info for Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World)
Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World) by Thomas Habinek